Does your freelance editing business need a boost? Are you ready to take your business to the next level?
It’s time to level up!
Copyediting is launching its mastermind groups with two pilot groups:
- A virtual group that will meet regularly for several weeks
- A live group that will retreat together for two days
Both will be led by Director of Training Laura Poole, an experienced editor, mentor, and certified professional coach.
The mastermind groups will be intended for established freelancers who are ready to go beyond the basic “do work, get paid” plan of early freelancing.
If you would like to join a mastermind group, please fill out the form below.
Note: The two groups will be independent of each other. You may only sign up to one or the other.
What Is a Mastermind Group?
Mastermind groups are about creating a supportive community.
Copyediting’s mastermind groups are for editors who want a truly collaborative experience in growing their career. Groups will be formed of editors who are at a similar career or knowledge stage and seek a similar goal. There will be a facilitator, and group members are expected to share fully and support each other in accountability, brainstorming, and encouragement.
Although members will be networking with each other and sharing appropriate opportunities, mastermind groups are not strictly networking or leads-sharing groups.
How Do I Know If a Mastermind Group Is for Me?
A mastermind group is a good choice for you if you enjoy learning from and collaborating with your peers.
What’s the Time Commitment?
The virtual group’s meetings will last one hour each. The group will meet twice a month for four months.
The live group will meet for two days during the workweek. The retreat is tentatively planned for Boston in early to mid-July 2016.
How Can I Get the Most from My Mastermind Group?
To ensure your mastermind experience is successful:
- Commit to attend as many meetings as possible. A mastermind group only happens with real-time interaction. The meetings will not be recorded. The meeting schedule will be set based on group preferences, and virtual meetings will last 1 hour.
- Commit to participating. You will get the most out of your mastermind group by asking questions, joining the discussion, and getting involved. No lurking allowed! There may be a private Facebook group for checking in and sharing resources, and you must be willing to take part.
- Be ready to work for what you want. Although the facilitator and other group members will offer advice and suggestions, the personal growth you seek will not be handed to you on a silver platter. There are no awards just for showing up. You will be encouraged to try things beyond your comfort zone!
- Treat all group members respectfully. Conversations should always be respectful and be kept confidential.
What Kind of Technology Do I Need?
You will need a computer with an Internet connection and a Facebook account.
How Much Will It Cost?
The fee is yet to be decided but will adhere to Copyediting’s commitment to creating products and services that are affordable for the average copyeditor and that pay the professionals who create these products and services.
Fill out the form below and let us know which group you are interested in. Add suggestions and thoughts, and let us know what weekdays and times might work for you!