Build your business skills in a personalized environment and get the specific information and encouragement you need through one of Copyediting’s industry-leading Mentoring Groups. Each mentor is an industry expert. You’ll get professional mentoring in an affordable group format.
Fall 2017 Online Mentoring Groups:
Mentoring Groups for Fall 2017 are now closed. Look for Spring 2018 groups toward the end of 2017
Preparing to Go Freelance (East Coast), with Lori Paximadis, Wednesdays, October 4 and 18, November 1, 15, and 29, and December 13, 2017, noon–1:15 pm EST
Preparing to Go Freelance (West Coast), with Amy Schneider, Tuesdays, October 3, 17, and 31, November 14 and 28, and December 12, 2017, 9:00–10:15 pm EST (6:00–7:15 pm PST)
Freelancing in Canada, with Adrienne Montgomerie, Mondays, October 2, 16, and 30, November 13 and 27, and December 11, 2017, 1:15–2:30 pm EST
Building an Existing Freelance Business, with Laura Poole, Thursdays, September 28, October 12 and 26, November 9 and 30, and December 14, 2017, 2:30–3:45 pm EST
Each mentoring group includes:
- Six biweekly group meetings (conference call or online meeting) with your mentor
- A private online space dedicated to your group
- One free Recorded Master Class of your choice
Don’t be turned away! Once a group is filled, we can’t add any more mentees. Groups are kept small to ensure each mentee gets personalized attention. Sign up now!
Important facts about our mentorship groups:
- Attendance is mandatory. Carefully check the online meeting times and plan to attend at least four out of six meetings. You will get the most benefit by attending live discussion.
- This is not a traditional course. You will not receive a syllabus or handouts. Your mentor will announce a general topic for the meeting.
- Participation is mandatory. Mentees are expected to generate the questions about the current week’s topics and participate in the discussion.
If you decide to exit the program, you will receive a refund based on a prorated schedule:
- Up to 2 weeks before first meeting: 100% refund
- Two weeks before first meeting through the third meeting: 50% refund
- After the third meeting of group: no refund
Don’t miss this chance for mentorship from industry-leading editors at an affordable price. Sign up today!