What are you doing, dear reader, this September?
Would you like to be in Australia talking about editing?
The theme is Advancing Our Profession, and IPEd states that it “will appeal to editors working in online and print publishing, freelancers and in-house editors alike, as well as professionals in the related fields of writing, indexing, design, book distribution and marketing.”
The conference will cover three main subject areas: technology, professional development, and building alliances. Some recommended topics to consider:
- Accessibility of information
- Best practice and innovative practice in editing
- Building alliances between editors, authors and others in publishing (panel)
- Business practices
- Digital publishing
- Editing particular genres and formats
- Education and professional development of editors
- Mentoring (panel)
- Publishing and other business trends
- Social media
If you’re interested in presenting a paper, participating in a panel discussion, or presenting a half-day workshop, you’re invited to pitch IPEd by Sunday, February 26, 2017. Go to http://iped-conf2017.org.au/call-for-papers/ to find out more and complete the expression of interest template.
And be sure to send us a postcard from Australia!