What a spell checker won’t catch; new usages and questionable grammar; and more.
- “Thank You Much”: Neal asks, “Is it actually ungrammatical, or just somewhat old-fashioned sounding to say Thank you much?” (Literal-Minded)
- “Even again”: A new use of even. Have you heard it bandied about? (Language Blog)
- “Imply or Infer”: Oxford Dictionaries takes on this oft-confused word pair. (OxfordWords)
- “Street Slang – The Dodgy-Looking Geezer”: The story behind street slang. (Macmillan Dictionary Blog)
- “When Spell-Check Won’t Help: How Typos Sneak Into Writing”: These errors won’t get picked up by your spell checker. (Grammar Monkeys)