Choosing words, counting words, indexing words, learning words. Oh, and a video.
- “Principal vs. Principle”: If Allen had remembered that his principal is his pal, this whole situation might have been avoided. (Mighty Red Pen)
- “Too Many Words”: Would you have trimmed this lead, copyeditors? (You Don’t Say)
- “How to Index Your Book (And Why I’ll Never Do It Again)”: Your client wants to index his own book? Show him this article first. (ProfHacker)
- “An Historic vs. A Historic”: Check out who supports a historic. (Grammar Underground)
- “Word of the Day: Sackbut”: (Logophilius)
And here’s a Friday treat for you: a lesson in punctuation from the Badger High School advanced public speaking class.