Editing Visual Content
Thursday, February 15, 2018, 2–3:3o pm ET
This is an ADVANCED SKILLS course
Instructor: Adrienne Montgomerie
Registration closes February 14, 2018, at 10 pm ET
Editors need to “recognize when graphic elements must be edited to clearly and effectively convey the intended meaning,” as one professional editorial standard puts it. But how? And in whose opinion?
Designed for editors, this master class is about directing and refining the content of visuals, not about using software to manipulate them. Visuals include graphics, charts, illustrations, diagrams, and photos. Sometimes, even words alone become a visual when they are subjected to artistic treatment and set apart from the narrative.
This class will give you:
- checklists for the substance, style, and QA of visuals
- checklists for editing tables, graphs, diagrams, and captions
- examples of problematic visuals
- examples of effective queries
- templates for figures manuscripts and tracking logs
Master Classes are run as webinars with screen sharing, and all class times are listed in Eastern time. Registrants are sent the login information the day before the class.