Mentoring Group: Freelancing in Canada
Build a solid foundation for your freelance editing business with veteran editor Adrienne Montgomerie. This group is intended for freelancers in Canada.
Intended for: Beginning editorial freelancers in Canada (preparing to go freelance or freelancing for 0–5 years)
Mentor: Adrienne Montgomerie
Meeting Method: Google Hangouts/YouTube Live
Live Meeting Dates: Mondays on October 2, 16, and 30, November 13 and 27, and December 11, 2017
Times: 1:15–2:30 pm EST
About the mentor: Adrienne is an Editors Canada–certified copyeditor who has been freelancing her whole 20-year career. Canada’s major publishers have filled her roster, and she’s now moving into corporate editing and international clients.
While live discussion topics are chosen based on mentees’ stated needs, probable topics include:
- Training (initial and ongoing)
- Finding clients
- Negotiating fees and contracts
- Setting up the business
- Learning a style guide
- Productivity boosters
Important facts about our mentorship groups:
- Attendance is mandatory. Carefully check the online meeting times and plan to attend at least four out of six meetings. You will get the most benefit by attending live discussion.
- This is not a traditional course. You will not receive a syllabus or handouts. Your mentor will announce a general topic for the meeting.
- Participation is mandatory. Mentees are expected to generate the questions about the current week’s topics and participate in the discussion.
Sign up now and receive one free Recorded Class of your choice—a $79 value!
Copyediting Individual Subscribers pay just $200 for all 12 weeks of the program (automatic discount when logged in). That’s $50 off the full price of $250!
If you decide to exit the program, you will receive a refund based on a prorated schedule:
- Up to two weeks before first meeting: 100% refund
- Two weeks before first meeting through the third meeting: 50% refund
- After the third meeting of group: no refund