Mentoring Group: Preparing to Go Freelance (East Coast)
Build a solid foundation for your business with veteran freelance editor Lori Paximadis. This session is scheduled at East Coast–friendly times (information discussed is not specific to one geography).
Intended for: Beginning editorial freelancers (preparing to go freelance or freelancing for 0–5 years)
Mentor: Lori Paximadis
Meeting Method: Free Conference Call
Live Meeting Dates: Wednesdays on October 4 and 18, November 1, 15, and 29, and December 13, 2017
Times: noon–1:15 pm EST
About the mentor: Lori has been a full-time freelancer for 14 years, more than half of her publishing career. Her clients include Big Five, midsize, and small publishers, as well as individuals.
While live discussion topics are chosen based on mentees’ stated needs, probable topics include:
- Differences between freelance and regular employment
- Systems and productivity
- Professional development
- Money issues: rates, getting paid, taxes, etc.
- Marketing and networking
- Tools, schedules, and workspace
Important facts about our mentorship groups:
- Attendance is mandatory. Carefully check the online meeting times and plan to attend at least four out of six meetings. You will get the most benefit by attending live discussion.
- This is not a traditional course. You will not receive a syllabus or handouts. Your mentor will announce a general topic for the meeting.
- Participation is mandatory. Mentees are expected to generate the questions about the current week’s topics and participate in the discussion.
Sign up now and receive one free Recorded Class of your choice—a $79 value!
Copyediting Individual Subscribers pay just $200 for all 12 weeks of the program (automatic discount when logged in). That’s $50 off the full price of $250!
If you decide to exit the program, you will receive a refund based on a prorated schedule:
- Up to two weeks before first meeting: 100% refund
- Two weeks before first meeting through the third meeting: 50% refund
- After the third meeting of group: no refund