Mentoring Group: Preparing to Go Freelance (West Coast)
Build a solid foundation for your freelance editing business with veteran editor Amy Schneider. This session is scheduled at West Coast–friendly times (information discussed is not specific to one geography).
Intended for: Beginning editorial freelancers (preparing to go freelance or freelancing for 0–5 years)
Mentor: Amy Schneider
Meeting Method: Free Conference Call
Live Meeting Dates: Tuesdays on October 3, 17, and 31, November 14 and 28, and December 12, 2017
Times: 9:00–10:15 pm EST (6:00–7:15 pm PST)
About the mentor: Amy has been copyediting and proofreading textbooks, trade nonfiction, and best-selling fiction as a full-time freelancer since 1995. Her clients include major U.S. traditional publishers, book packagers, and university presses.
While live discussion topics are chosen based on mentees’ stated needs, probable topics include:
- Client relations (finding clients, negotiating, contracts, etc.)
- References, tools, and technology
- Professional development
- Time management and productivity
- Money and business structure issues
- Setting up your office
Important facts about our mentorship groups:
- Attendance is mandatory. Carefully check the online meeting times and plan to attend at least four out of six meetings. You will get the most benefit by attending live discussion.
- This is not a traditional course. You will not receive a syllabus or handouts. Your mentor will announce a general topic for the meeting.
- Participation is mandatory. Mentees are expected to generate the questions about the current week’s topics and participate in the discussion.
Sign up now and receive one free Recorded Class of your choice—a $79 value!
Copyediting Individual Subscribers pay just $200 for all 12 weeks of the program (automatic discount when logged in). That’s $50 off the full price of $250!
If you decide to exit the program, you will receive a refund based on a prorated schedule:
- Up to two weeks before first meeting: 100% refund
- Two weeks before first meeting through the third meeting: 50% refund
- After the third meeting of group: no refund