Content, SEO, and Editing
Tuesdays, February 27, March 6, March 13, 2018, 1–2:15 pm ET
This is an ADVANCED SKILLS course
Instructor: Michelle Lowery
You run across a promising editing job ad, but one requirement disqualifies you: knowledge of SEO best practices. Digital editing jobs are becoming more common as the importance of web content continues to grow, but text editing skills aren’t enough. You have to know how to edit for audience and for search engines.
In this three-part webinar, you’ll learn how to apply SEO best practices to the content you edit to ensure it’s optimized without sacrificing quality, natural language, or the ability to perform web content’s essential functions of educating, entertaining, informing, and converting.
In this class, you will:
- understand how search engines work, how they’ve evolved and continue to evolve
- know the three most important content ranking signals
- know how and when to optimize anchor text—and when not to
- understand the importance of the three types of links and how to make them work to your advantage
- know key content features that help it rank and convert
- ensure the content you edit targets the right audience and reduces bounce rate
We’ll also talk about how these skills can be applied to your own business (or employer) to help you gain clients and increase revenue.
This course consists of three different lessons, delivered on consecutive Tuesdays. Classes are delivered via GoToMeeting.
There is a prerequisite for this class: Attendees should listen to our free Master Class “Editing for the Web.“
Registration for this course closes on Monday, March 5, 2018. All attendees are sent the links to recordings of the sessions immediately.