Editing for ESL Authors
May 30, 2017; June 6, 2017; June 13, 2017, 11 am – 12:15 pm EST
This is an INTERMEDIATE SKILLS course.
Instructor: Katharine O’Moore-Klopf
Working with authors who are non-native English speakers—also called ESL (English as a second language) authors—can be highly satisfying. To do it well and keep these authors coming back with more projects, you must develop specific English-language-editing skills, effective communication skills, and tailored marketing practices.
This three-session webinar will
- Explain the editing skills you need to help ESL authors sound more like native English speakers
- Show you actual ESL edits and explain the reasons behind them
- Give you clear-cut tips on how to communicate well with ESL authors
- Describe marketing methods for finding ESL clients and cultivating them as long-term clients
- Provide short assignments to strengthen your ESL editing skills
- Give you a generous helping of links to resources for learning more about working with ESL authors
All class times are in EST. Attendees will be sent login information two days before each session.