Freelance Marketing: Action Plan for Editors
Three Tuesdays: August 22, August 29, September 5, 2017, 1:30–2:45 pm EST
This is an INTERMEDIATE SKILLS course
Instructor: Adrienne Montgomerie
You love to edit, but drumming up work is your least favorite task. It’s a chore and a bit of a mystery; maybe it’s intimidating, too. Spend some time in this course coming up with a plan that suits your style, your clients, and your budget. Profit is not a dirty word, and marketing doesn’t have to be agonizing or costly. We’ll figure out how to make your services catch clients’ eyes.
In this three-part hands-on webinar, you will learn from case studies how other editors in a variety of niches market themselves, and you will start sketching your plan of attack with homework and a workbook of exercises. At the end, you will have a
- profile of your ideal clients
- plan for getting noticed by ideal clients
- plan for business cards, website, and service listings
- draft of three items to share on social media
- script for various marketing interactions, such as cold calls, cocktails, and referrals
- list of your top three client bases and where to find them
- plan of action that you can start checking off immediately (and time blocked off to do it in)
We’ll also explore what’s right for you in the realm of promotional speaking and writing, advertisements, and subcontracting (or editing services).
All class times are in EST. Attendees will be sent login information two days before each session. Each session date presents a new lesson, and all three lessons make up the full course.