Mentoring Group: Growing an Existing Freelance Business
Intended for: Freelancers who have been in business for five years or more
Mentor: Laura Poole
Meeting Method: GoToMeeting
Live Meeting Dates: Thursdays on September 28, October 12 and 26, November 9 and 30, and December 14, 2017
Times: 2:30–3:45 pm EST
About the mentor: Laura has been a full-time editorial freelancer since 1997. She teaches and trains editing and freelance business building for Copyediting, the Editorial Freelancers Association, and UC San Diego Extension Copyediting Certificate program. She is the co-owner and director of training for Copyediting.
While live discussion topics are chosen based on mentees’ stated needs, probable topics include:
- Changing your client roster
- Changing the level or type of work you offer
- Raising rates and cutting expenses
- Working with colleagues or subcontractors
- Developing as a professional
- Passive income opportunities
Important facts about our mentorship groups:
- Attendance is mandatory. Carefully check the online meeting times and plan to attend at least four out of six meetings. You will get the most benefit by attending live discussion.
- This is not a traditional course. You will not receive a syllabus or handouts. Your mentor will announce a general topic for the meeting.
- Participation is mandatory. Mentees are expected to generate the questions about the current week’s topics and participate in the discussion.
Sign up now and receive one free Recorded Class of your choice—a $79 value!
Copyediting Individual Subscribers pay just $200 for all 12 weeks of the program (automatic discount when logged in). That’s $50 off the full price of $250!
If you decide to exit the program, you will receive a refund based on a prorated schedule:
- Up to two weeks before first meeting: 100% refund
- Two weeks before first meeting through the third meeting: 50% refund
- After the third meeting of group: no refund